This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate
Midland Parks and Recreation, in partnership with the Michigan Recreation and Park Association (mParks) announced the 10th annual all-inclusive travel experience to the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island for Sept. 28 – Oct. 1, 2021. (Screen photo/Google Maps)
Jack’s Livery Stable on Mackinac Island is the only place in the United States where you can still rent a horse and buggy to drive yourself.
Enjoying a horse-drawn carriage ride and dancing along with an orchestra are just two of the experiences included in this fall’s Grand Experience trip to Mackinac Island’s Grand Hotel.
The Grand Experience is an all-inclusive travel experience Sept. 24-27 to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. The trip is organized by Midland Parks and Recreation in partnership with the Michigan Recreation and Park Association. Registration for the Grand Experience is now open.
The trip is for those 50 years or older, although only one person in each room must be over the age of 50. Guests will be provided with the unique opportunity to stay and dine at the historic Grand Hotel and participate in a wide variety of activities such as tournaments, carriage tours, dancing and more.
Prices for the trip are as follows:
• $1,285 per person for a single occupancy room ($1,335 for non-Midland residents)
• $980 per person for a double occupancy or triple occupancy room ($1,030 for non-Midland residents)
• Accommodations for three nights at the Grand Hotel
• Baggage handling, taxes and tips
• Tea and cookies each afternoon
• Full breakfast each morning
• Four-course dinner each evening
• Round-trip transportation from Midland to Mackinac City
• Round trip ferry boat service
• Taxi to and from the dock to the hotel
• Horse-drawn carriage tour
• Bingo (afternoon and evening)
• Various activities, including a bocce ball tournament, putting and chipping contest, writing and photography contest, cooking demo, self-guided walks, history lectures, kitchen tour, movies, nightly demitasse and dancing to the Grand Hotel Orchestra
• Discounts on bicycle rental, golf, fudge and more
For more information, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/grand or contact Midland Parks and Recreation at 989-837-6930 or [email protected]