My Sandwell Login/Register
Supporting you to make the most of your money and find help if you need it. Find out more about how we're Supporting Sandwell. →
Published 14th November 2022
Nothing signifies the approach of Christmas like the glow of seasonal lights.
Here's our guide to when Sandwell’s 2022 festive illuminations are switched on across the six towns around the borough. What better start to the festive season than a free event from Sandwell Council.
Come join us at our light up locations with entertainment, music, stalls and carols a plenty. Here is where you will find us:
• Oldbury Civic Square 19 November 5pm to 7pm (switch-on 6.45pm)
• Smethwick Council House 24 November 6pm to 7pm (switch-on 6.45pm)
• Crankhall Lane, Friar Park 25 November 4pm to 7pm (switch-on 6pm)
• Tipton (Unity Walk/Owen Street) 25 November 3pm to 6.30pm (switch-on 6.15pm)
• Langley 26 November 5pm to 8pm (switch-on 6pm)
• Wednesbury Town Centre 26 November 1pm to 5pm (switch-on 4.30pm)
• West Bromwich Town Centre 26 November 3pm to 6pm (switch-on 5.15pm)
• Bearwood, Lightwoods Park 2 December 5pm to 6pm (switch-on 5.30pm)
• Blackheath Town Centre 2 December 5pm to 7pm (switch-on 6.45pm)
All events are free to attend and there is no need to book.
Councillor Laura Rollins, Sandwell Council’s cabinet member for tourism and leisure, said:
“These switch-on events are a wonderful opportunity for family and friends to get together and start getting into a festive, Christmas spirit, something that is even more important in difficult times. They also play a huge role in encouraging people to visit and to do their Christmas shopping in a pleasant environment. That increased footfall is vital to many businesses including small, independent shops, cafes and restaurants at what, for many, is their busiest and most important time of year.”
The latest information on these and other Christmas events can be found on the Visit Sandwell website.
Powered by Jadu Content Management